Feb 13, 2010

Thunderbird 3 on MacOS 10.6

I haven't figured out yet, why this happens, but here are the symptoms:

Updating from Thunderbird 2.0.0.23 to 3.0 yields in a perfectly usable Thunderbird 3 including all emails and setting, but each time I want to close Thunderbird, it does not respond any more and has to be killed.

Since I didn't have that much time to figure out the problem yet, I just reinstalled Thunderbird 2.0.0.23 and everything is fine - love TimeMachine...

Update:
As always, deleting the personal folder in ~/library/Thunderbird and setting up everything from scratch with Thunderbird 3.0.1 fixed all problems. Just need to reinstall all extensions.

Address Book:
I love Thunderbird 3 - the Apple Address Book integrates seamlessly into Thunderbird. Very nice, finally I can have ALL address books (cell phone, MacBook, iPod, thunderbird) synced! Remember: Apple Adress Book entries can not be edited within Thunderbird, you need to use the Apple Address Book application.

No comments: